November was a lot of fun. Life is starting to feel a bit more normal here in New York, but I’m still struggling to have as much a routine as I had in Rochester.
It was especially nice having some time off this month - not just for Thanksgiving, but Tia and I took a 3-day weekend and visited our friends in Boston, which was a blast!
No big surprises this month, but here we are:
Very slight drop in productivity this month, which doesn’t surprise me. A productivity pulse of 82 is tough to maintain, but I’m really happy with 80. Met my productive time goal (of 5 hours / day) at a higher rate than last month, due to fewer work days. My average productive time did drop by a few minutes, however. Overall, still very happy with productivity in November.
- Productivity pulse of 80 (-2)
- Average of 1 completed tasks per day
- Met All Productive Time goal 15/19 days
- Average 5h 14m productive time per day
RescueTime Top 5 Categories:
- Software Development (50%)
- Communication & Scheduling (13%)
- Utilities (11%)
- Social Networking (7%)
- Business (6%)
Wednesday and Tuesday continue to be my most productive days - I seem to hit my stride mid-week. I also complete more tasks on Tuesdays, but my team’s sprint planning is every other Tuesday and I think this correlation is skewed by my updating my task list during that meeting. I’m still not great about actually marking the task complete when I actually finish it.
- I’m more productive on Wednesdays (22%) and Tuesdays (19%)
- I complete more tasks on Tuesdays (22%)
- I have more good days (rated a 4) when I receive fewer emails (19%)
- Average of 6,806 steps / day (+1.1%)
- Average of 2,028 calories / day (-3%)
- Average of 6h 28minutes of sleep / night (+3.7%)
- Average weight of 141.7lbs (-1%)
- Average body fat percentage of 11.9% (+0%)
- I spent 87.1% of my income
While I still seem to spend more time asleep when I go to bed earlier, the correlation is weakening. Likely because when I go to bed late, I fall asleep more quickly and wake up less while sleeping. Very slight increase in correlation between a great day and more sleep. I should probably get more sleep.
- I spend more time asleep when I go to bed earlier (54%)
- I eat more on Fridays (15%)
- I have more great days when I spend more time sleep (19%)
Main Goal Progress
Kept my credit card balance at $0, and deposited $244.57 into savings bringing me back up to $2,677.23. The good news is my Christmas shopping is nearly finished, which means I should have no trouble closing the year out with a $0 balance on my card!
While I did not quite reach my 6.5 hour/night sleep goal I did come really close. Through December I’m going to try to keep stricter bed times to improve it further.
Main Goals Next Month
End the year with no credit card debt, and catch a few extra minutes of sleep every night. With the end of the year approaching, I’d also like to get my year-in-review post drafted so it’s easy to finish up in January.
Surprised it’s December already - here’s to hoping I finish the year strong.