Took some time off from work to travel to Maine for my brother’s college graduation, which was much-needed. It also saw the celebrations of a few of my friends’ college graduation as well. All of this led to quite a bit of extra spending, which was not great news for my savings. But, I started weekly intramural kickball with my coworkers, and started a simple workout routine of pull-ups so there’s some bright spots too.
I took 4 days off, which messed with my pulse and goal count - but decent, I guess. I forgot to turn off RescueTime while using my computer on my days off, which pulled my productivity pulse down. It’s not easy to run reports that exclude specific days in RescueTime so I couldn’t really ignore those days. I expect June will see that rebound a bit.
- Productivity pulse of 66 (-4)
- Average of 1 completed tasks per day
- Met All Productive Time goal 13/19 days
RescueTime Top 5 Categories:
- Communication & Scheduling (30%)
- Software Development (29%)
- Business (12%)
- Social Networking (12%)
- Entertainment (4%)
- I’m more productive on Tuesdays (27%) and Wednesdays (26%)
- I use terminal more when I complete more tasks (24%)
- I complete more tasks on Mondays (25%)
- I use Slack more when I have a worse day (29%)
Overall I’ve done pretty well here. Despite weekly kickball, my step counts are still down from April, but I think April was a little inflated due to all the walking I did in Seattle - I walked everywhere during those few days. I also didn’t improve my sleep, and I find I’m always saying I want to do better (but who isn’t saying that?).
- Average of 6,024 steps / day (-15.4%)
- Average of 2,387 calories / day (+1.7%)
- Average of 6h 29minutes of sleep / night (-0.7%)
- Average weight of 141.3lbs (+0.7%)
- Average body fat percentage of 11.5% (-0.9%)
- I spent 96.5% of my income
It’s pretty unsurprising that less time asleep correlates with worse days… Bit of a no-brainer really. Should really get on that “getting more sleep” thing.
- I spend more time asleep when I go to bed earlier (53%)
- I consume more calories when I spend more time asleep (20%)
- I have more bad days when I spend less time asleep (16%)
Still didn’t finish another book. I don’t wanna talk about it.
Main Goal Progress
I only managed to set aside $61.25 this month, bringing my savings up to $3,291.94. Not the best progress, but still progress. I did over spend a bit during my time off, and managed to pay down my credit card to just $322.33. Fingers crossed I can cut spending in June to keep my savings up.
I’ve figured out a simple work-out routine of pull-ups, as I wanted to. Every other day I do 5 or more sets of as many pull-ups as I can, 4 minutes apart. It’s simple, not much, but I’ve been able to stick to it for at least a few weeks. Already, I find that I’m able to do a few more than when I started so it feels like I’m progressing, which certainly helps me stick to it.
I, unfortunately, never finished my book. I’ll finish it some day.
Main Goal Next Month
Between my traveling to celebrate my brother’s graduation, celebrating my friends graduating, and my typical going out, I spent a bit more than I wanted to on going out. So, in June I’m cutting those budgets a little bit to hopefully reel myself in.
I’m also going to keep doing my pull-ups and log my progress so I’ll have something a little more tangible to reflect on about it next month.