This month I overspent, stuck to my workout routine pretty well, and was more productive than usual.
I managed to find within myself a bit of extra focus this month, bringing my productivity pulse up to an all-year high of 72! Pretty happy about that. Otherwise, little is changing in this area.
- Productivity pulse of 72 (+6)
- Average of 1 completed tasks per day
- Met All Productive Time goal 17/21 days
RescueTime Top 5 Categories:
- Software Development (38%)
- Communication & Scheduling (27%)
- Social Networking (10%)
- Business (9%)
- Utilities (4%)
- I’m more productive on Wednesdays (25%) and Tuesdays (23%)
- I have better days when I complete fewer tasks (23%)
- I complete more tasks on Mondays (30%)
A little less walking this month, not sure what led to the drop but, oh well. I also noticed that with a little bit of a workout routine I’m more regularly hungry, which I think contributed to the higher calorie intake. Subsequently, still putting on a bit of weight - good in my case.
- Average of 5,176 steps / day (-14%)
- Average of 2,500 calories / day (+4.7%)
- Average of 6h 40minutes of sleep / night (+2.8%)
- Average weight of 143.9lbs (+1.8%)
- Average body fat percentage of 12.2% (+6.1%)
- I spent 101.2% of my income
My sleep correlations have been a little less interesting as of late. One noteworthy thing over last month is that the correlation between an earlier bedtime and more time asleep is a bit stronger. To get more sleep I should probably just stick to an earlier bedtime.
- I spend more time asleep when I go to bed earlier (55%)
- I consume more calories when I spend more time asleep (16%)
- I have more bad days when I spend less time asleep (18%)
- I spend more time asleep when it’s a Monday (12%)
None, but I am very close to finishing one now. I read a little bit and have fewer than 100 pages to finish the book I’m reading.
Main Goal Progress
I only managed a net gain in savings of $26.02, bringing my total to $3317.96. At the beginning of the month, however, I opened a new savings account with a much higher interest rate (1.1% APY vs the 0.01% APY) and moved much of my savings to it. Already its earned more interest in a single month than my previous account did year to date.
My credit card, on the other hand, took a blow, rising to $607.77. The Steam summer sale got the better of me. I also needed to replace the mouse for my desktop as the one I had was routinely having issues that were starting to make it unusable. I also booked a flight to visit my girlfriend in NYC, which will be paid for from my next paycheck bringing the credit card balance back down.
As for my pull-ups, I did quite well. My plan to do them every other day meant I planned to do them 15 times. I managed to do the workout 11 times, which I thought was pretty good. On average, each workout was 5.27 sets of 4.6 repetitions. Not too shabby - hopefully it gets better.
Main Goal Next Month
Finish. A. Book.
Also continue my pull-ups, aiming for more repetitions in each set.
I’m also currently helping test custom tagging in Exist, which gives me the flexibility to track the occurrence of anything I want. I’m hoping through the month to figure out what I really want to track so it can start correlating them. So far I’ve decided to track days I drink coffee (most days), and days I do my pull-up workouts. It will take some time for any useful correlations to surface, so in the meantime I’m just going to focus on deciding what to track.