A pretty good end to the year, I think. I took the week between Christmas and New Year’s off to give myself a nice vacation at the end of the year, and to give myself time to visit my family in Maine for Christmas. It was really nice to have a week off for that.
Big drop in productivity pulse, and I definitely felt more distracted at work as the holiday approached. I also forgot to pause RescueTime during a few days of vacation where I used my computer during typical work hours so it’s slightly skewed because of that but only accounts for a few hours so I don’t think that’s entirely responsible for the drop.
- Productivity pulse of 73 (-7)
- Average of 0 completed tasks per day
- Met All Productive Time goal 12/16 days
- Average 5h 23m productive time per day
RescueTime Top 5 Categories:
- Software Development (38%)
- Communication & Scheduling (25%)
- Social Networking (9%)
- Business (9%)
- Utilities (6%)
Looked at the same correlations as last month and found that they’ve all weakened. Vacation definitely is to blame.
- I’m more productive on Wednesdays (15%) and Tuesdays (15%)
- I complete more tasks on Mondays (19%) and Tuesdays (19%)
- I have more good days (rated a 4) when I receive fewer emails (13%)
- Average of 6,419 steps / day (-5.7%)
- Average of 2,033 calories / day (+0.2%)
- Average of 6h 53minutes of sleep / night (+6.4%)
- Average weight of 142.1lbs (+0.2%)
- Average body fat percentage of 12.3% (+3.3%)
- I spent 87.9% of my income
Going on vacation meant staying up late and sleeping in, which reduced the correlation between time asleep and when I go to bed. Getting more sleep is more strongly correlated with a better day than last month.
- I spend more time asleep when I go to bed earlier (39%)
- I eat more on Thursdays (13%)
- I have more great days when I spend more time sleep (22%)
Main Goal Progress
I successfully did get more sleep, made easy by vacation. Managed to deposit $177.24 into savings, closing the year at a total of $2,854.47. Not where I wanted to be, but it’s alright. I also put a bit more on my credit card than planned, and ended the year with a balance of $262.98. Hopefully this should be easy to pay off in January.
Main Goals Next Month
January means it’s time for another annual review, so I’ll discuss 2018’s goals in that. The only things I’d like to accomplish in January are to start looking for an apartment (possibly moving), writing that annual review, and publishing my new website (which is nearly ready).